Translate

09 December 2016

TNB Asst Manager Recalls How She Was Shot By Bodyguard of a Datuk

Victim recalls moment she realised she had been shot

THE STAR
 
GEORGE TOWN: Nurul Huda Abdul Aziz was driving home to Kepala Batas on the mainland after a trip to George Town with her four children when she came across what looked like an accident. Unperturbed, she drove on.
Then, she tasted blood in her mouth. She had been shot. And her children were screaming.
Nurul Huda was among five people who were injured during a shooting spree at the Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu Expressway.
And she is thankful that the children who were with her inside the car escaped unhurt.
The 38-year-old Tenaga Nasional Berhad (TNB) assistant manager said her five-year-old daughter was seated in the front passenger seat while the rest were in the back.
Nurul Huda was among five people injured during a shooting spree.

“It happened so fast. When I was about to reach the intersection leading to the Penang Bridge, I saw what I thought was a normal accident.
“I overtook some vehicles in front of me and then all of a sudden, I tasted blood in my mouth. That’s when I realised something had happened, that I had been shot.
“I felt dizzy and stopped my car by the roadside, and just waited for help. I remembered my children screaming when I vomited blood,” she said.
Nurul Huda, who is with the TNB Bayan Baru branch, added that a motorist rushed her to the hospital, taking along her three children, while a motorcyclist brought her eldest son on his machine.
She said the children, especially her five-year-old daughter, were still traumatised by the incident.
Nurul Huda, who underwent surgery at the Penang Hospital, was transferred to the normal ward on Tuesday.
Part-time RTM videographer Mohamad Amirul Amin, 28, who was also shot in the incident, has been transferred from the intensive care unit (ICU) to the cardiothoracic surgical ward. He said he is still suffering from pain and trauma after the incident, which saw him come within inches of death.
“As the bullet also hit one of my lungs, a tube was inserted to suck out the water in my lung. That hurts.
“And my left hand is still numb and I cannot bend my fingers,” said Amirul, who was shot in the left of his chest, just above the heart.
He is, however, thankful that the injury is no longer life-threatening.
“I will take some rest, wait for my wound to heal before going back to work,” he said.
He said he missed his two-year-old daughter very much, but was happy the hospital authorities had allowed his daughter to visit him twice since the incident.
Penang Hospital Visitors Board chairman Lim Thoon Deong, who visited the injured victims yesterday, said the hospital would arrange counselling for Nurul Huda’s children if there was a need.
“Counselling can also be arranged for the injured victims,” he said.
He added that injured factory worker Lee Hong Boon, 56, and Dr Arivarni Krishnan, 33, have been discharged.
On Dec 1, the bodyguard of Datuk Ong Teik Kwong allegedly shot his 32-year-old boss while inside a car, at the Tun Dr Lim Chong Eu Expressway at around 7.30pm.
Ong’s driver and business partner, who was also in the car, suffered head injuries when the bodyguard pistol-whipped him.
Two other people were also killed in the incident – professional clown Choi Hon Ming, 32, and florist M. Senthil, 38.

Popular Posts - Last 7 days

Popular Posts - Last 30 days

Blog Archive

LIVE VISITOR TRAFFIC FEED